DID NFT Metadata Ownership
Using IPLD and Cosmos
There is no such thing as a NFT Bridge
- Unique to a holder in 3 variables: denomination, id and metadata uri
- The metadata might be offchain, ie allows forgery
- Holder does not have cross chain accounts, ie complex UI / UX
Enter Ancon Protocol — DID NFT Metadata Ownership
Previously migrated / created onchain metadata in Ancon
How it works
- Alice changes metadata ownership in Ancon, DAG block gets replicated in IPFS, with status unconfirmed.
- Alice signs EIP1812 claim, issuing to Bob, token ownership and updated metadata ownership. It is registered onchain.
- Alice/Bob or Keeper job creates proof offchain.
- Verifier on the same chain as registry, verifies and applies safeTransferFrom, with a data payload which is ABI packed.
- Token receives transfer message and also updates token uri.
- Ancon and IPFS are eventually updated with cid token ownership as verified.
In this first release, we are focusing EVM-to-EVM use cases. We’ll work later on Sidetree registry for any-to-any. We’d like to get help from the community to get Verifiers implemented in other chains, next on our roadmap is Flow..
With this once is implemented and online, you could:
- Cross chain mint / distribution
- 2ndary market in any chain supported with DIDs
- Dynamic NFTs, using IPNS / ENS
- Universal Royalty features
We also added Graphsync support to Ancon Protocol
— IFESA, Rogelio Morrell